What are Scannable Groceries?
Scannable groceries are store-bought products which the Tovala Smart Oven can cook perfectly by just scanning their barcodes. Currently over 1,000 name-brand groceries are scannable (and we're adding more all the time!).
How do I know which groceries are scannable?
Search for your favorite food or brand in the Groceries tab of the app, or browse them here. We have optimized cook cycles for a variety of brands, including Trader Joe's, Amy's, and more.
Quick Tips For Scanning Groceries
When scanning groceries with the Tovala App, follow these quick tips.
- No need to preheat. Just place your food in your oven, scan the barcode, and press Start.
- Keep the oven rack in the lowest position.
- Follow the manufacturer's cooking instructions. This includes both the preparation instructions (remove film, place directly on the oven rack, etc.) and any instructions to flip during the cycle.
- Use a foil-covered Tovala sheet tray for easy cleanup. Use when cooking, unless manufacturer's instructions say to put food directly on the rack.)
- For "Air Fry Friendly" groceries, use the air fry basket for crispiest results. Some of our scannable groceries are optimized for air fry (see the "Air Fry Friendly" section of the Groceries tab in the app). When you select these recipes, you'll see a note to use the air fry basket. You can still cook on the Tovala sheet tray, or you can place your food in the air fry basket for crispier results.
Read our Scannable Groceries FAQ.