It’s almost time to get cooking! But first, a few setup steps.
- Remove stickers, packaging, and blue film from your oven and its accessories. Remove any plastic from the crumb tray found on the bottom of your oven’s interior, then slide the crumb tray back into place. Don’t forget to remove the silica packs inside your oven.
- Place your oven on a level and sturdy surface. Be sure to leave at least 3 inches between the back and sides of your oven and any surface, and 6 inches between the top of your oven and any surface. The oven’s exterior gets hot during use. Please take necessary precautions with children and pets.
- Plug your oven directly into a dedicated GFCI outlet. Be sure that nothing else is plugged into that outlet. Do not plug your oven into an extension cord or power strip.
- Slide the (a) drain tray into the front of your oven underneath your oven door. The drain tray collects any excess water when your oven cooks with steam. Always have the drain tray inserted when using your oven.
- Cover the steamer with the (c) steamer cover. The steamer is black and located inside your oven toward the back wall. The steamer cover should slide downward into place with the text “STEAMER” facing you.
- Open your oven door and slide the (d) oven rack into the lowest rack position. Make sure the rack's curved edges are facing down. If you have not removed the (b) crumb tray’s plastic and placed it back inside your oven, do so now. Always have the crumb tray inserted when using your oven. All Tovala Meals cook with the rack in this lowest position.
- Fill the (e) measuring cup with 8 oz of cool, filtered water. Open the lid on the water reservoir and pour directly into it. Fill the water reservoir until your oven beeps and the “Add Water” message disappears from the display.
- Connect your oven to WIFi
- Your oven requires WiFi to scan, cook Tovala Meals, and communicate with the Tovala App. To connect your oven to WiFi:
- Download Tovala’s “Tovala” App for iPhone®, iPod touch®, and Android™. Find it by searching “Tovala” in the App Store® and Google Play®.
- Log into your Tovala account or create an account.
- Follow the app’s step-by-step oven setup instructions.
Having trouble connecting your oven to WiFi? See our WiFi troubleshooting suggestions. You can also email Tovala Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or live chat with Customer Support at tovala.com