How to set up your Gen 2 oven with your preexisting account
- Make sure you have the most up-to-date version of the Tovala App.
- Delete your Gen 1 oven from the account you control it from.
- Open up the Tovala App, then go to Settings > Your Oven > Delete Oven
- Once your oven has been deleted, go to Settings > Your Oven (Setup Oven)
- Select "Connect Tovala"
- Select "Tovala Steam Oven, Gen 2" and follow the directions from there. You'll have your new Tovala Steam Oven set up in no time!
Making cook cycles created with your Gen 1 oven compatible with Gen 2
The Gen 2 oven has different heating elements and creates steam in a different way, which means its cook cycles may vary from cook cycles designed for Gen 1.
This also means any cook cycles you've created in the Tovala App with your Gen 1 oven will need to be CONVERTED to work right with your new Gen 2 oven. It's similar to any time your computer has to convert an old file so it's compatible with the newest version of an application (i.e., opening a Word Doc created in 2005 in your 2018 Microsoft Word).
How to convert Gen 1 cook cycles
- “read only, must convert/update before using”
- Press the "read only, must convert/update before using" message in orange.
- Follow the prompts to convert your cook cycles. Once you convert your cook cycles to be compatible with Gen 2, you will NOT be able to convert them back to be compatible with Gen 1. If you wish to save the "Gen 1" versions of your cook cycles, select "Create Duplicate and Convert".
- Choose to either “Create Duplicate and Convert” or just “Convert” each cycle.
- If you choose to "Duplicate" your cook cycle, the duplicate of your Gen 1 version will keep the same name and be labeled with “Classic” at the end.
- The new, converted cook cycle compatible with Gen 2 will not have an extra label and appear as it did before.
Have questions or confusion?
Let us know by chatting with Customer Support or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org! We want to you to love cooking with your Gen 2 oven as much as you loved cooking with Gen!
We also encourage you to read through the user manual that came with your Gen 2 oven to learn more about it and how it differs from Gen 1. Happy cooking!