Press the Steam button on the front of your oven, and then:
- Set a Temp
- Set a Time (if not preheating)
- Press Start
Pressing this button selects your oven’s Steam mode. This cooking mode combines steam with convection baking for dynamic wet heat that preserves the moisture in food or adds moisture back into already-cooked food.
Your oven heats up the steamer (located toward the rear of your oven's interior), then releases water from the water reservoir into the steamer to create steam.
Make sure the water reservoir is filled with water before cooking with Steam mode. If there is not enough water in your oven to produce steam, it will let you know by displaying “Add Water” on the Temp display.
How do I add water to my oven?
- Fill the measuring cup with 8 oz of cool, filtered water.
- Open the lid on the water reservoir and pour directly into it.
- Fill the water reservoir until the “Add Water” message disappears from your oven’s display.
How do I preheat my oven?
- Set your desired Steam mode Temperature and press Start. The message “Preheat Estimate” will appear in the Time display and begin an estimated countdown to when the Temperature you’ve set will be reached. Your oven will send a notification and beep accordingly when the desired Temperature has been reached.
- Once your oven reaches the desired Temperature, set a Time and press Start.
- Your oven will hold the preheated Temperature for 10 minutes after the “preheat” is completed and then automatically shut off if you never set a Time or press Start.
How do I use my oven without preheating?
- Set a Time after setting a Temperature, then press Start.