On Wednesday, June 13th, we hosted a series of Facebook Live demos on our Facebook page, showing how the Tovala works and answering any questions. Here's some of the best questions that we were asked!
1. How often does the menu change for weekly meals?
We offer 7 meals a week. Out of these meals, 3 are Monthly Favorites, which are customer favorites we keep on the menu for the month, and 4 are Weekly Specials, which we change every week. We always offer at least 2 vegetarian meals per week.
NOTE: Since this Facebook Live, we've actually increased the number of meals we offer every week from 7 to 10 meals! Out of these 10 meals, 5 of them are Returning Favorites straight from our master list of the highest rated, most enjoyed meals we’ve ever served up. The other 5 meals on the menu will be an exciting variety of returning and brand-new Tovala Meals.
2. Any future plans for family menu/family-sized trays?
Yes, we plan to offer family-sized meals in the future. In the meantime, the Tovala can cook 2 to 4 single-serving Tovala Meals at one time, and you can take advantage of the Tovala's Chef's Recipes in the app (which you make with groceries at home and guidance of our chefs—they're great for feeding adults and kids!).
3. How often do your chefs upload new recipes?
Our chefs aim to add 10 new Chef's Recipes into the app every month, so you always have more to cook from scratch and enjoy on nights you're not cooking Tovala Meals.
4. Do we need to add water to the oven (for the steam function)?
The water reservoir (which you just saw lit up blue inside the Tovala and gives the Tovala water to transform into steam) needs to be refilled pretty infrequently. On average, it needs to be refilled every few weeks, but it depends on how often you use your Tovala.
5. Do you offer gluten-free options?
We list ingredients and allergens on all meals, so you can determine whether meals contains gluten, but right now, we do not have an explicitly gluten-free meal plan.
6. Are you planning to launch keto-based meals?
Right now, we do not offer keto meals. It's not currently on our timeline, but we will definitely let you know if/when we it is.
7. Do you need to use distilled water when you fill up the Tovala's water reservoir (which produces steam)?
Filtered water is best because unfiltered water will leave water deposits on the bottom of the oven over time. They're harmless, but they will need to be wiped up periodically.
8. Are you able to steam veggies while your cooking a main dish or must they be done separately?
9. How long do the meals stay good in my fridge for?
They stay good in the fridge for 4 to 7 days after they arrive at your house. Each meal has an "Enjoy before" date listed on it.
10. How many people can these meals serve?
Each Tovala Meal is 1 serving, meant for an adult person with a solid appetite. We do not currently offer family-sized meals, but we are working on making those a reality.
11. I see you put the oven under a cabinet. Is it okay to place it under a cabinet for cooking with the steam coming out of the top?
Yes, it is. We recommend 2-3 inches of clearance between your Tovala and cabinets, and that you wipe away any water droplets that accumulate after cooking.