Chef Says: A quick tip: to avoid getting eggshells in the tray, crack the eggs on a flat surface rather than the edge of a bowl or counter.
- Sodium–389 mg
- Disposable aluminum mini loaf pan, or one clean aluminum tray, reused from a Tovala Meal
- Non-stick cooking spray (chef recommends PAM)
- Small mixing bowl
- Whisk or fork
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons of salsa
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese or pepper jack cheese
- Gather your cooking tools and ingredients.
- Begin by spraying mini loaf pan/Tovala Meal tray with cooking spray.
- Crack two eggs into tray.
- Using whisk or fork, mix together eggs and salsa.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top of egg/salsa mix. Push cheese down gently using the fork or whisk.
- Put tray in oven and cook. Use this Cook Cycle:
- Broil at 450 degrees for 1:30
- Steam at 450 degrees for 1:15
- Bake at 400 degrees for 7:15
- Broil at 475 degrees for 1:30