Prep Time: 16 min, Cook Time: 26 min
Chef Says: Squeeze additional lemon juice on top of the apple pancake when it comes out of the oven, and sprinkle some more cinnamon and sugar on top if you like a little more sweetness.
Cinnamon Sugar Apples:
1 large Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1/2 lemon, juiced
3 large eggs
3/4 cup whole milk
1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
8x8 disposable cake pan or pie tin
Non-stick cooking spray (chef recommends PAM)
Large mixing bowl
Cinnamon Sugar Apple Prep:
- Gather your cooking tools and ingredients.
- Begin by thoroughly washing and drying 1 large Granny Smith apple.
- Slice apple into thin slices, as thin as possible.
- In large mixing bowl, combine thinly sliced apples, 3 tablespoons sugar, 2 tablespoons cinnamon, and 1/2 lemon (juiced). Using the spatula, mix until everything is evenly distributed.
- Pour apple slices into disposable cake pan and spread them out to form an even layer. Make sure to scrape any residual cinnamon/sugar/lemon juice mixture out of bowl and pour over apples.
- Using the same bowl, mix 3 large eggs, 3/4 cup whole milk, 1/4 cup yogurt, and 1 teaspoon vanilla together thoroughly until everything is evenly incorporated.
- Add 3/4 cup flour, 1/3 cup sugar, and 1 tablespoon cinnamon and mix well.
- Once batter is smooth and mixed well, gently pour on top of apples.
- Using your fingers, break 2 tablespoons of soft butter into pieces and place on top of apple batter mixture.
- Put pan in oven and cook. Use this Cook Cycle:
- Steam at 425 degrees for 1:45 min
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25:00 min