Prep Time: 7 min, Cook Time: 13:30 min
Chef Says: "Serve these mussels with a fresh baguette and a large glass of wine!"
2 cups of your favorite arrabbiata sauce (Chef recommends Rao's)
12 ounces of mussels, rinsed and dried very well
1 fresh baguette
8x8 disposable cake pan or pie tin
- Gather your cooking tools and ingredients.
- Begin by washing 12 ounces of mussels thoroughly in colander with cold water. If any mussels are open, discard them. They're not safe to eat.
- Pull off any string-like bits hanging from mussels. These "strings" are "the beard" of the mussel! They're how the mussels attach themselves to rocks.
- Once mussels are washed, dry them lightly with kitchen towel or paper towel.
- Place mussels in pan and pour 2 cups of the arrabiata tomato sauce on top of the mussels.
- Shake pan from side to side to evenly distribute sauce around mussels.
- Put pan in oven and cook. Use this Cook Cycle:
- Bake at 425 degrees for 6:00
- Broil at 500 degrees for 7:30
- If you want your bread toasted, put it in the Tovala and set to Toast Level 1. You can transfer mussels and sauce to serving bowl while you wait.