This recipe is courtesy of Alex, Tovala's Marketing Director.
Hi, I’m Alex, Tovala’s Marketing Director. I’ve been using this recipe to cook up some nice and crispy bacon while I pan-fry my eggs in the morning. It’s pretty simple, but it works like a charm.
- Bacon (on the thicker side)
- Just a heads up that bacon thickness is all relative, so your bacon may cook quicker than my thick-cut bacon did. So the first time you use this cycle, be sure to keep an eye on your bacon towards the end of the cook cycle to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Cover your sheet tray with foil
- Put as many bacon strips as you can fit onto it (I can usually fit 4 or 5)
- Put it in the Tovala and start your cook cycle (make sure the oven isn’t already warm when it starts, or else this cook cycle will overcook your bacon)
- Bake at 450 for 10:00
- Broil at 500 for 3:00
In my experience, baking bacon is a great, hands-off way to cook bacon, but the transition from soggy to crispy to overcooked is a very quick one when baking. So again, be sure to keep an eye on your bacon towards the end of the cook cycle.