This recipe is courtesy of Peter, Tovala's Lead Product Engineer.
Hi, I’m Peter, Tovala’s Lead Product Engineer, and I’m a sucker for a good steak, especially if the steak comes wrapped in bacon! I had a chance to experiment on some bacon wrapped steaks not long ago, and this is definitely the way I’ll be cooking my bacon wrapped steaks from here on out. Here’s the prep:
- Wrap your steak in bacon!
- Move the oven rack to the top shelf in your Tovala
- Place the black pan on the lower shelf
- Place marinated/rubbed/seasoned steak(s) on the oven rack
- Place a meat thermometer inside (one of) the steak(s)
- Put a couple of tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet
- Steam at 375F for 2:00
- Bake at 375F until the meat thermometer reaches desired internal temp (I shoot for 135F for medium rare steak)
- Heat skillet (ideally a cast-iron one) with olive oil inside of it
- Sear steak in skillet. It should take less than a minute per side