Preheating the Tovala is quicker than preheating a conventional oven because you're heating a small space with powerful heating elements.
How do I preheat the Tovala?
With the Tovala App!
- Create two recipes under the Tovala's "Cook" tab: one for preheating your Tovala and another for cooking your food when your Tovala gets to the appropriate temperature. Reference our Preheat Chart below to determine temperature and time.
- Set your Tovala to preheat by starting your “preheat” recipe. When your Tovala and phone alert you that this recipe is done, put your food into your Tovala and start the second recipe.
For example, preheating the Tovala when you're baking cookies at 375°F.
- Create a recipe just for preheating, which consists of a single Bake step at 375°F for 2:45 (the time recommended by the chart above for 375°F).
- Next, create another recipe that consists of a single Bake step at 375°F for the cookies' recommended bake time.
- While your Tovala quickly preheats, you can shape your cookie dough and place it on the Tovala's black sheet tray!
- When the preheat step is finished, stick your cookies into the Tovala and start your cooking baking recipe.
- Enjoy your cookies!