Having trouble connecting your oven to WiFi on an iPhone or iPad? Follow this step by step troubleshooting guide to try connecting again.
To change your oven's WiFi network, follow this guide.
First, check that your Tovala app and iPhone are ready
1. Force close the Tovala app (swipe up to show all apps then swipe up to close the Tovala app).
2. Check that your phone is on the latest iOS system software. Go to Settings --> General --> Software Update to check that you're on the latest operating system and update if necessary.
3. Check the App Store to make sure you're on the latest version of the app.
4. Check the Bluetooth settings on your phone to make sure Bluetooth is On and is shared with the Tovala app.
Go to “Settings” > “Bluetooth” > Turn Bluetooth on
Within Settings, scroll down to the Tovala app within the list of your apps. Turn on Allow Tovala to Access Bluetooth.
Then reset your oven so it's ready to connect
1. If the oven was previously on your account, remove it in the app under Settings--> Oven--> "Remove Oven" and tap to confirm Remove Oven.
2. Scan this QR Code from your phone using the oven's built-in scanner.
Press Scan on the oven, hold the phone a few inches under the scanner under the flashing red light. Make sure your phone brightness is turned all the way up.
Dashes will appear on the oven's display while the reset happens and disappear when finished. This may take a few moments.
3. When reset is finished, unplug the oven, wait 20 seconds, then plug it back in.
Now try connecting the oven to WiFi again
1. Open the Tovala app.
2. Log in to your account or create an account.
3. You should see a Connect to WiFi banner, click on that to start the process.
Don't see a banner? Tap on “Settings” in the bottom right corner then "Pair and Oven".
4. If you have not plugged in your oven yet, do so now then tap "Confirm”.
5. Your Tovala App will scan for nearby ovens. When an oven is found, a 4 digit number will display on the oven's bottom display panel.
6. Verify that the 4 digit code displayed on the app matches the one on your oven and tap "Select Network".
If you have multiple ovens, select the oven in the app that matches the code displayed on the oven and tap "Register".
POSSIBLE ISSUE - Oven is not displaying the code or oven is not showing in app
This is likely a Bluetooth issue. Return to the Bluetooth setup steps at the top to confirm your phone's Bluetooth is on and the Tovala App has permission to access it.
You can also try turning off your phone and restarting it.
7. You will then be prompted to connect to your WiFi network.
8. Select your WiFi Network Name from the drop down menu
Make sure you have selected the correct network and not your neighbor's!
POSSIBLE ISSUE - WiFi network is not found in dropdown menu
Select “Refresh Networks” at the bottom of the dropdown menu.
Your network should now appear in the list. If it does not, move the oven closer to your router (preferably within 10 feet) and try Refresh again.
You can also select “Other” and type in your network name.
9. Input your WiFi Network Password
Make sure you have the correct password for your network and enter it correctly. The password is case sensitive.
10. Optional: Enter a unique name for your oven.
11. Once this is complete select “Start Registration”
12. Your oven will now go through the registration steps and connect to WiFi.
It may take a few moments so keep the app open and the screen on during this process. If the screen goes black or a different app is opened, the oven will not connect.
Your oven will update to the latest firmware version at this time which may take a few moments.
POSSIBLE ISSUE - Oven will not connect to the Wi-Fi network
If you reach the "Waiting for Oven to Connect" step but then Registration stops and shows an error message to check your password, it's most likely that the WiFi Password and Network Name you entered do not match and therefore the oven couldn't connect to the network.
Try re-selecting your Network Name and re-entering your password.
If you're connected to this WiFi network on your phone, you can check the password by going to your iPhone's Settings-->WiFi then tap the (i) next to the network name. Tap on Password to display the network password and confirm you are entering the right one into the Tovala App.
13. When the connection is successful, you will see the message: “Your oven is online!”.
You can follow the oven tutorial to get your oven ready to cook, explore recipes to try, or return to the order/home screen.
If you follow this guide and still have issues connecting to WiFi please reach out to customer service in the app on the Support tab or at tovala.com/support.