Everything in our packaging is recyclable. The box and packing materials your Tovala Meals come in are recyclable too.
Really, everything is recyclable?
- Yes! We’re proud that our packaging is 100% recyclable. And our gel packs can easily be reused or safely disposed of.
Tell me more!
- Below is a breakdown of how to recycle each component of our packaging and packing materials.
- Picture Sleeve (ft. image of the meal): Collapse and recycle curbside.
- Brown Cardboard Sleeve: Collapse and recycle curbside.
- White Garnish Tray: Collapse and recycle curbside.
- Clear Garnish Cups: Follow waste management guidelines in your area for recycling #5 plastic.
- Clear Lids for Garnish Cups: Recycle curbside (these are made of #1 plastic, the same as water bottles).
- Aluminum Meal Trays: We recommend cleaning out and keeping the trays your meals come in to reuse for heating up food in your Tovala. Otherwise, recycle them curbside.
- Plastic Film on Meal Trays: Follow waste management guidelines in your area for recycling #7 plastic.
Box & Packing Materials
- Cardboard Box: Collapse and recycle curbside.
- Silver Insulation: For the silver material on the outside of the insulation, follow waste management guidelines in your area for recycling #7 plastic. The inner foam is polyurethane and can be recycled at many recycling centers that recycle more than bottles and cans.
Gel Ice Packs
- We recommend keeping and reusing our ice packs for keeping items cold in coolers.
- Otherwise, cut the plastic open, empty out the gel into the garbage (which is nontoxic, non-caustic, and biodegradable over time), rinse the plastic, and recycle the plastic curbside.