Anything that you cook in a conventional oven or toaster oven can be cooked in the Tovala. But the Tovala cooks it far more quickly and with far tastier results!
This is an oven, not a microwave
- The Tovala uses no microwave technology. It is a conventional convection oven (that can bake and broil) plus it uses steam for some really magical results.
Use oven-safe materials
- Use oven-safe materials when cooking in your Tovala, which includes glass, ceramics and metal. Stay away from paper, plastic, or cardboard.
- Microwave-safe is not safe for your Tovala.
Use our chef recs to create your own food
- Looking to cook something of your own? The Tovala App has recipes that our chef created so you can cook with the same multi-step cooking routines that he uses for awesome results. Each recipe has a few quick and easy prep steps that you’ll need to follow, then you’ll press “Cook It!” and the Tovala will do the rest!
- We’ll continue adding recipes to these presets as time goes on.
Make your own food in the Tovala via the Tovala App
- You can program the Tovala to cook however you want! Just press “Make Your Own Recipe” at the bottom of the app, and add as many cooking steps as you like. For each step, you’ll pick time, temperature, and cooking method.
- When you create a recipe in the Tovala, you're just setting your Tovala's cooking method. This means you can cook anything you'd normally cook in your conventional or toaster oven, like:
- Homemade bread
- Pre-made cookie dough
- Your favorite recipe for cookies from scratch
- Frozen chicken tenders
- And anything else you like!
Your Steam Oven lets you know when it's done!
- Your Tovala will beep, and if you’ve enabled notifications, your app will send you a push notification when your meal is done.