The water reservoir allows your Tovala to cook with steam. It sits in the right side of your Steam Oven. Our water reservoir is also BPA-free.
Why is there a water reservoir?
- Because it lets your Tovala cook with steam!
Do I have to constantly check on the water level?
- That's what the water level indicator on the control panel is for! As the water level drops in your reservoir, the water level indicator will go from three blue drops to one blue droplet.
- You will know to refill your reservoir when the water icon on the Tovala’s control panel is red.
How do I fill up my water reservoir?
- Take out the blue water reservoir from inside your Tovala and fill it with filtered water.
- Once you fill up the reservoir, push it back into place. You will hear a click once it's secure.
- The water level indicator on the front of your oven will turn blue to indicate the tank has water.
Do I have to use filtered water?
- Filtered water is best because unfiltered water will leave water deposits on the bottom of the oven over time. They're harmless, but they will need to be wiped up periodically.
How full does my water reservoir have to be for my Tovala to cook with steam?
- As a general rule, we recommend your reservoir is 1/3 full before cooking!
When do I refill my water reservoir?
- You will know it's time to refill when the water indicator turns red.
- You will get an “H2o” warning displayed when water is too low to create steam for cooking food.
- We recommend you refill the reservoir with fresh water every few weeks if you use your Tovala on a regular basis.
Now, sync your Tovala to WiFi. Follow Step 6: Connect Your Steam Oven to WiFi.