This article walks you through what to do after unboxing your Tovala and downloading the app. You should do all of this before you sync your Steam Oven to WiFi.
- Give your Tovala at least 2 inches of clearance above it and on each side. We recommend these parameters because the exterior of the Steam Oven becomes warm while cooking and steam is released from the back.
- Note: It is okay to put the Steam Oven under your cabinets as long as there is a minimum of 2 inches of space for the steam to dissipate. If you see condensation form on your cabinets while your Tovala cooks, dry off the droplets with a towel.
Plug it in
- Plug your Tovala directly into an outlet by itself—we wouldn’t want you to overload a circuit.
- Plug the Tovala directly into the outlet (and not into an extension cord or power strip).
Remove the plastic
- Remove the blue plastic from the countdown clock on your Tovala’s control panel.
Something to Note: Your Tovala's Power Usage
- Your Tovala uses about the same amount of power as your coffee maker or microwave.
- Your Tovala should be the only device running on a given circuit when it’s on, otherwise it could trip your breaker (e.g., don't run your coffee maker or microwave at the same time as your Tovala).
Next, go to Step 4: Put in Your Oven Rack.