This article walks you through what to do after unboxing your Tovala and downloading the app. You should do all of this before you sync your Steam Oven to WiFi.
- Give your Tovala at least 6 inches of space above it and 3 inches of space between its sides and back. We recommend these parameters because the exterior of the Steam Oven becomes warm while cooking and steam is released from the back.
- Note: It is okay to put the Steam Oven under your cabinets as long as there is a minimum of 6 inches of space for the steam to dissipate. If you see condensation form on your cabinets while your Tovala cooks, dry off the droplets with a towel.
Plug it in
- Plug your Tovala directly into an outlet by itself—we wouldn’t want you to overload a circuit.
- Plug the Tovala directly into the outlet (and not into an extension cord or power strip).
Remove the plastic
- Remove the blue plastic from the countdown clock on your Tovala’s control panel.
Something to Note: Your Tovala's Power Usage
- Your Tovala uses about the same amount of power as your coffee maker or microwave.
- Your Tovala should be the only device running on a given circuit when it’s on, otherwise it could trip your breaker (e.g., don't run your coffee maker or microwave at the same time as your Tovala).
Next, go to Step 4: Put in Your Oven Rack.