Can I freeze Tovala Meals?
- Your meals are at their best stored in the fridge. However, if you'd like more time to eat them, you can freeze them before their “Enjoy Before” date. Just keep in mind some meals freeze better than others, and always be sure to thaw a frozen meal overnight in the fridge before you plan to cook it.
- Please don't freeze any sides that are not meant to be cooked—specifically raw salads.
- Please don't freeze any lemon/lime wedges.
- You can freeze raw vegetables, but be aware they might cook up waterier/softer after they've been frozen and then thawed in the fridge.
- Glazes/sauces/garnishes should freeze fine, but it's important to thoroughly thaw and then shake glazes/sauces to make them a smooth, incorporated consistency again before using.
How do I thaw frozen Tovala Meals?
We recommend taking any frozen Tovala Meals you plan to eat and placing them in the fridge the day before you plan to eat them. This is the safest way for them to defrost.
How long do Tovala Meals stay fresh in the fridge?
This will vary from meal to meal (depending on its ingredients and when you receive meals), but generally, meals stay fresh and safe to cook for 3 to 7 days. Please refer to each meal’s “Enjoy Before” date on the meal's printed insert.