Over time like any conventional oven, the Tovala will benefit from being cleaned.
Here are the best steps for maintaining your Steam Oven:
1. Remove the rack. Soak the rack in soapy or bleached water.
2. Wipe out the bottom of your Tovala with a damp cloth. Try to clean out all of the loose crumbs and food scraps.
3. Apply oven cleaner to the inside of your Steam Oven. Our chef recommendations Easy-Off Heavy Duty oven cleaner in an aerosol can. Note: Try not to spray any oven cleaner into the convection fan, which is the series of small holes inside your Tovala on the righthand side.
4. Let the oven cleaner sit on the inside of your Tovala for 20 minutes.
5. Carefully wipe down the walls with a damp cloth. Make sure to remove all of the cleaner from the oven surfaces including the heating elements.
6. Open the Tovala App. Go to Settings > Your Oven > Clean Cycle, then press "Start Cleaning" to begin a cycle that uses high temperatures and different cooking modes to release residue from the walls and grate of your Steam Oven.
7. Allow your oven to cool down. Then, rinse the rack and put it back into your Tovala.