Having trouble syncing your Tovala to WiFi?
Here are some common troubleshooting areas when trying to connect your Steam Oven to the internet.
Understanding the WiFi indicator
- You probably noticed your WiFi indicator lit up when you plugged in your Steam Oven. There are actually two lights that light up that little WiFi symbol. The top light should be blinking orange and the bottom light should be solid red when you start the process of syncing your Tovala to WiFi.
- Once the oven has successfully synced to WiFi, these lights will turn green.
What should I do if my WiFi indicator isn't blinking?
- Try to unplug your Steam Oven and plug it back in. The WiFi indicator lights should begin blinking again and you should be able to re-sync.
What should I do if my WiFi indicator is blinking green and red?
- Try to re-sync your Tovala.
Phone position is important
- Your phone should be held horizontally and its screen should actually touch the Steam Oven’s control panel. Make sure your phone’s screen overlaps the small hole to the right of the Toast button. That’s where the light sensor is.
Be sure you're on a 2.4GHz wireless network
- The Tovala needs to be on a 2.4GHz WiFi network.
- If you have two wireless connections, try the one without the “-5”. Also, press “view password” to make sure your password is entered correctly!
You can't login to a wireless network through a website
- Do you have to login to WiFi by going to a webpage? If so, then syncing will not work on that network. You will have to create a personal hotspot on your phone in order to sync.
Give syncing time
- Make sure you’re holding the phone against the Tovala's control panel until your cell phone light flashes.
- Make sure you don’t “x” out of the connecting process.
- The Tovala's lights will be changing, it’ll make sounds for a number of seconds, and the app will say that it’s looking for your Steam Oven.
- Don’t press anything until you get a notification on your app screen. The notification could take up to a minute to appear.
Check your wireless credentials
- Make sure you’re entering your WiFi password correctly. Typos happen to the best of us.
- All of the fields are case-sensitive. Make sure you are entering capital and lowercase letters correctly.
Check your phone's brightness
- Your phone’s “Display and Brightness” setting should be around 80%. Turn off "Auto-Brightness" and “Night Shift” mode too.
Have more questions? Chat us using the box on the left-hand side of Support.Tovala.com or in the "Support" tab of the app!