Here are some common questions we've gotten about the Tovala and connecting it to WiFi.
If I want to use multiple devices to control my Steam Oven (a tablet and a phone, multiple phones, etc.), don't I need to sync all of them to my Tovala?
- Nope! You only need to sync once because your phone is just sharing Wifi log-in information with your Tovala during the syncing process. As soon as you have successfully synced your Tovala to a wireless network (signaled by the Tovala WiFi indicator turning solid green), then it's ready to be controlled by any number of devices logged into the same account.
- To control your Tovala with multiple devices, just have all users sign into one common Tovala account.
What do I do if I need to connect my Tovala to a WiFi network that's different than the one it's currently on?
- You'll have to re-sync your Tovala. Before you do this, make sure your phone is on the new WiFi network you're trying to connect your Tovala to.
- When you're ready to re-sync, go into the Tovala App and click Settings > Your Oven > Reset WiFi. Then follow the instructions to re-sync.
Does my phone need to be on the same network as my Steam Oven?
- No, your Tovala doesn't need to be on the same WiFi as your phone for the app to control/monitor your Tovala. Your phone could be using cellular data and still do the job.
- HOWEVER, when you're syncing your Tovala to WiFi, your phone must be connected to the WiFi network you're trying to sync to.
What exactly is the syncing process?
- The syncing process tells your Tovala which wireless network it belongs to. This only needs to be done successfully once, unless you need to connect your Tovala to a new WiFi network (see above). Then it knows which wireless network and Tovala App account it is associated with and can be controlled by that account.
Have more questions? Chat us using the box on the left hand side of Support.Tovala.com or in the "Support" tab of the app!