This article goes over the steps involved in getting your Steam Oven connected to the internet.
Download the Tovala App
- First, if you haven't already, you will need to download and install our mobile app: "Tovala: Revolutionary Smart Oven."
- You can find it on iTunes or the Google Play Store.
- Our app will walk you through all of the setup steps below. They are included here for reference.
Connect to a wireless network
- The Tovala only works on 2.4GHz WiFi networks. Some routers are dual band and have both 2.4 and 5GHz capabilities. Please be sure to use the 2.4GHz channel. Also, the smartphone or tablet you're using to help sync the Smart Oven to the internet should be on the same 2.4GHz network when performing the sync.
- You can’t go onto a webpage that allows you to log into WiFi on your Tovala. You need to connect your Tovala to WiFi through a WiFi network name and password (like what’s found on most home routers).
- When prompted, press "sync" and hold the center of your phone's screen flush between the Toast and Heat buttons.
- Your phone will vibrate and the camera flash will go off when it’s done.
- This may take up to 20 seconds.
Hold your phone screen against the light sensor
- There's a light sensor next to the Toast button. See that little hole? Make sure the flashing light from your phone's screen hits that.
- Your phone uses light flashes to communicate your WiFi network’s name and password to your Tovala so it can connect to our servers.
Syncing takes time
- After holding the phone up to your Tovala for the "sync" period, it may take up to a minute for your Tovala to connect to the WiFi.
- Please do not touch any buttons on your Smart Oven or in the app until you receive a notification on your app screen.
- Here's a video that may be helpful as a visual that helps demonstrate the steps above.